Educational Coaching Supports Noncredit and Credit Instruction
Empowering students, building lasting success.
Educational coaching from DSS helps students with disabilities succeed in community college. NOCE’s experienced staff are passionate about accessibility and equity—coaching services are free for students. The coaching is provided through several DSS programs, including the Educational Coaching Program, College to Career (C2C), and Independent Vocational and Educational Supports (IVES). Please make an appointment to meet with a DSS Counselor to see if you meet the eligibility criteria for one of these programs.
NOCE students with disabilities may receive coaching support to:
- Navigate online classroom management tools such as Canvas and Zoom
- Practice effective studying and time management
- Use email and other communication
- Reviewing and locating class materials, assignments, notes, and progress
- Help with communication to faculty and staff
- Proofreading assignments
- Support with understanding instructions for assignments
- Support with basic writing and grammar/punctuation
Support is available in-person or online from the comfort of your home through Zoom, a video communications app.
For more information, contact:
“The IVES program helped me to become more self-sufficient in my classes by helping me make time for my classes, studying for 2-3 hours for each class, and helped me learn how to schedule school and work. The program helped me with my insecurity of school and I overcame some of my challenges of learning.” Demel McCain
IVES Alumnus, Fullerton College Student