College to Career (C2C) is a program that provides services that support students with intellectual disabilities (ID) as they take inclusive noncredit and credit classes.
Upon completion of their educational goals, C2C provides employment services and job development so that students can obtain competitive, integrated employment.
Students typically complete the program in one to three years. C2C support services include:
- Counseling and accommodations
- Educational Coaching
- Specialized lab to assist students with classwork and studying
- Access to adaptive technology
- Work readiness preparation
- Job placement help
C2C Information Night Presentation
Join us on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Zoom!
Learn more information about College to Career:
- Program Overview
- Q&A Session with C2C Staff
- Application Process
For more information or further assistance please contact:
Apply to the College to Career Program
Learn how to get started!
The C2C program accepts up to 20 new students a year. Applications are submitted between January and April. Applicants participate in an interview with program administrators, staff and faculty.
Eligibility requirements for students include:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Verification of intellectual disability (ID), or similar cognitive disability.
- Eligible for services through the Department of Rehabilitation (DOR).
- Specific academic and job goals.
- High motivation to be employed.
- Desire to participate in inclusive noncredit or credit classes and campus activities.
- Ability to meet the academic demands of community college classes with C2C support.
- Ability to work with decreasing support in a job after the program.
About College to Career
C2C operates with funding from the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR). The North Orange County Community College District (NOCCD) is one of just eight institutions in the state to receive funding for C2C.
NOCCD partners with the Regional Center of Orange County (RCOC), DOR, and local employers to develop jobs for students. Together, we prepare students with ID for competitive, integrated employment.
“C2C assisted me with my college courses, campus life, and obtaining a job!” Jacob Morell
College to Career Cohort, DSS Alumnus, and High School Diploma Alumnus