Congratulations Class of 2021!
Come and celebrate the NOCE Class of 2021 at TBD on TENTATIVE: June 28, 2021. Family members and friends are welcome!**
** The NOCE 2021 Commencement Ceremony is TENTATIVE due to the global pandemic. We are hopeful that we are able to host a celebration event, however, at this time, large events are not allowed per the State of California social distancing guidelines. Updates will be shared on our website at www.noce.edu/coronavirus.
Friday, June 28, 2021
- Check-in/orientation for student graduates is 9 a.m.
- Ceremony begins at 10 a.m. SHARP
- Ceremony ends at approximately 11:30 a.m.
Cottonwood Church: 4505 Katella Ave, Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Students may participate in the 2021 Commencement Ceremony if they have completed the requirements in the following academic programs:
- High School Diploma Program
- GED/HiSET Program (pass all five exams)
- Administrative Professional
- Business Information Worker 1
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Trainee/Technology
- Funeral Service Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
Grad Check Deadline
- In order to participate in the 2021 Commencement Ceremony, students MUST see a counselor to complete a Grad Check Request Form by the grad check deadline: Monday, June 8, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- To make an appointment with a counselor to review your Student Education Plan, confirm you have completed all requirements, fill out the form, and gather additional details, contact the Counseling Department at 714.808.4682.
What If I Don’t Complete My Requirements by the Grad Check Deadline?
High School Diploma Program Students
- For High School Diploma Program students, all program requirements MUST be completed by the grad check deadline, at 3 p.m. in order to be considered a 2021 graduate.
- High School Diploma Program students completing AFTER the grad check deadline can graduate any time during the next academic year and will be invited to participate in the next NOCE Commencement.
Career Technical Education Students
- For Career Technical Education (CTE) Program students, all program requirements must be completed or in progress to be completed by the end of the 2021 Spring Trimester in order to be considered a 2021 graduate. CTE students MUST complete the grad check by the deadline at 3 p.m.
All family and friends are invited to attend the ceremony for free. No tickets are required to attend the event.
- The only cost to participate in the 2021 Commencement Ceremony** is for the purchase of the cap, gown, and tassel.
- Students also have the option to purchase commencement photographs.
Cap and Gown Information
- Students can purchase a cap and gown for the 2021 Commencement Ceremony.
- Purchase a cap and gown for your program by clicking on the below link.
- Order with your credit card or debit card.
- The cap and gown will be mailed directly to your home.
- The total cost is $31.35 plus tax (includes standard shipping).
- High School Diploma Program Graduates: Order the NAVY BLUE Cap and Gown.
- Career Technical Education Program Graduates: Order the GREY Cap and Gown.
- Students have the option to purchase commencement photographs through Grad Images. This company will be present during the ceremony to capture photographs of students receiving their diploma and/or certificate(s). To receive complimentary proofs of your photos, complete and submit a Grad Images address card upon check-in at the commencement ceremony. For more information, visit www.gradimages.com or call 800.261.2576.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is a public ceremony and North Orange Continuing Education will be taking photos for promotional purposes which may be used in, but not limited to, the following manner: brochures, class schedules, website, social media, etc. Through your attendance at this event, you may be photographed/filmed. By participating in this event, you understand that your image may be utilized by NOCE for the purposes of bringing its programs to the attention of the public. If you do not want your photo taken, please avoid areas where the photographer is taking pictures, if possible, or simply inform the photographer or a staff member.
- Call the Commencement Ceremony Hotline at 714.808.4654.
- Scheduling Grad Check Appointments: Call the Counseling Office at 714.808.4682.
** The NOCE 2021 Commencement Ceremony is TENATIVE due to the global pandemic. We are hopeful that we are able to host a celebration event, however, at this time, large events are not allowed per the State of California social distancing guidelines. Updates will be shared on our website at www.noce.edu/coronavirus.