Drive – Through Event!
HONK HONK! Time to decorate your cars for a Drive-Thru Commencement Ceremony! Come celebrate our 2021 Graduates by participating in a safe and socially distanced drive-thru ceremony!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing order, NOCE will host a Drive-Thru Commencement Ceremony this year. Participants will wear masks and remain in their cars at all times. Participants will arrive on campus at scheduled times to ensure social distancing requirements are met. Come in your decorated cars, get commencement promotional items, and get a drive-thru ceremony experience!
Friday, May 28, 2021
High School Diploma Program Candidates:
- 9 a.m. – Last Names (A – M)
- 9:30 a.m. – Last Names (N-Z)
Career Technical Education Program Candidates:
- 10 a.m. – Administrative Professional/Business Information Worker
- 10:30 a.m. – Early Childhood Education
- 11 a.m. – Electrical Tech/Funeral Service Assistant/Management
- 11:30 a.m. – Pharmacy Technician/Personal Care Aide/Quality Assurance for Medical Devices
- 12 p.m. (Noon) – Medical Assistant
The NOCE Anaheim Campus (1830 W. Romneya Drive, Anaheim, CA 92801)
Take the Commencement Survey!
Take our Commencement Survey to let us know if you are attending our Drive-Thru Commencement Ceremony on May 28, 2021.
This survey is designed to collect information surrounding the Commencement Ceremony and students who earned a certificate/diploma from 2019-20 (July 2019 – June 2020) and 2020 – 21 (July 2020 – June 2021).
Both 2019-20 NOCE Grads (July 2019 – June 2020) and 2020 – 21 NOCE Grads (July 2020 – June 2021) may participate in the 2021 Commencement Ceremony if they have completed the requirements in the following academic programs:
- High School Diploma Program
- GED/HiSET Program (pass all five exams)
- Administrative Professional
- Business Information Worker 1
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Trainee/Technology
- Funeral Service Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Personal Care Aide
- Pharmacy Technician
- Quality Assurance for Medical Devices
Grad Check Deadline
- In order to participate in the 2021 Commencement Ceremony, students MUST see a counselor to complete a Grad Check Request Form by Friday, May 7, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- To make an appointment with a counselor to review your Student Education Plan, confirm you have completed all requirements, fill out the form, and gather additional details, contact the Counseling Department at 714.808.4682 or email@example.com.
What If I Don’t Complete My Requirements by the Grad Check Deadline?
High School Diploma Program Students
- For High School Diploma Program students, all program requirements MUST be completed by the grad check deadline, at 5 p.m. in order to participate in the 2021 Commencement Ceremony.
- NOTE: Students enrolled in the ABED courses are welcome to attend if they are in progress to successfully complete that course(s) by the end of the 2021 Spring Semester.
- High School Diploma Program students completing AFTER the grad check deadline can graduate any time during the next academic year and will be invited to participate in the next NOCE Commencement.
Career Technical Education Students
- For Career Technical Education (CTE) Program students, all program requirements must be completed or in progress to be completed by the end of the 2021 Spring Semester in order to be considered a 2021 graduate. CTE students MUST complete the grad check by the deadline at 5 p.m.
Since the ceremony will be a Drive-Thru Commencement Ceremony, attendance will be limited to the amount of persons that fit per car. Guest will not be allowed out of the car while on the Anaheim Campus.
- There is no cost to attend the 2021 Drive-Thru Commencement Ceremony.
- The only optional cost to participate is for the purchase of the cap, gown, and tassel.
Optional* Cap and Gown Information
Cap and gown purchase is optional. Students that would like to order cap and gowns, can purchase through Oak Hall’s online portal. The portal will remain open until 9 p.m. on Sunday, May 9, 2021. Students MUST purchase their cap and gown by that time to ensure timely shipment. There are two options for ordering:
- Order a graduation cap, gown, and tassel online and have it delivered to you for just $31.90 (includes tax and standard shipping).
- Or you may order a cap and tassel online and have it delivered to you for just $23.75 (includes tax and standard shipping).
Cap, Gown & Tassel
Students can purchase their caps, gowns, and tassels here!
- Order with your credit card or debit card.
- The cap and gown will be mailed directly to your home.
- High School Diploma Program Graduates: Order the NAVY BLUE Cap and Gown.
- Career Technical Education Program Graduates: Order the GREY Cap and Gown.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is a public ceremony and North Orange Continuing Education will be taking photos for promotional purposes which may be used in, but not limited to, the following manner: brochures, class schedules, website, social media, etc. Through your attendance at this event, you may be photographed/filmed. By participating in this event, you understand that your image may be utilized by NOCE for the purposes of bringing its programs to the attention of the public. If you do not want your photo taken please inform the photographer or a staff member.
Students are also encouraged to take graduation photos in their homes, take photos of their decorated cars, and share photos from the drive-thru ceremony with us by tagging our NOCE social media pages and using the #NOCEGrad2021
Graduates and their guests must remain in their vehicle while on campus. Photos must be taken from within the vehicles. Walk-ups NOT permitted. Masks must be worn at all times when windows are rolled down or occupants are exposed to the open air. Please adhere to all campus safety protocol, signage, and instructions by personnel to ensure a positive experience for all participants. We are looking forward to seeing you on May 28!