Disability Support Services Program Overview
North Orange Continuing Education (NOCE), Disability Support Services (DSS) provides educational services and access for eligible students with documented disabilities who intend to pursue coursework with NOCE.
A variety of programs and services are available that afford eligible students with disabilities the opportunity to participate fully in all aspects of college programs and activities through appropriate and reasonable accommodations.
- I understand that receiving assistance within the Disability Support Services program is entirely voluntary.
- I understand that receiving academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, services, and/or instruction within DSS will not prohibit me from participating in any other course, program, or activity offered by the college.
- I understand that records maintained by DSS shall be protected from disclosure unless permission is granted by a signed release of information or mandated under state law.
- I will provide Disability Support Services with the information and/or documentation (agency, medical, educational) deemed necessary by DSS to verify my disability(ies).
- I will meet with a Disability Support Services Counselor to collaboratively develop an Academic Accommodation Plan (AAP).
- When enrolled in DSS Educational Assistance classes, I will make measurable progress toward the goals developed for the course as established in the Academic Accommodation Plan (AAP). OR When enrolled in General NOCE classes, I will meet the academic standards established by the college, as applied to all students.
- I will utilize Disability Support Services in a responsible manner. I understand that Disability Support Services uses written service provision policies and procedures that must be adhered to for continuation of services.
- I will comply with the Standards of Student Conduct adopted by the North Orange County Community College District (NOCCCD).
I understand that I must fulfill the requirements for participation in the DSS Program. I understand the consequences of failing to comply with the rules for the responsible use of DSS services. I understand that I will be notified before any action is taken to suspend services.
During the intake process, students will affirm that they understand and agree with the DSS Program responsibilities of students and will abide by them.