The Student Equity Program promotes student success by focusing on closing the achievement gap for underrepresented student groups.
To promote student success, NOCE has developed a Student Equity Plan with specific goals, outcomes, and actions to address disparities among targeted student demographics.
Data shows that underrepresented groups at NOCE include:
- American Indians or Alaskan Natives
- Asian or Pacific Islanders
- African Americans
- LatinX or Hispanics
- Individuals with disabilities (Title 5, §54220)
Through effective strategies and school-wide activities, NOCE strives to narrow the equity achievement gap and improve student success through the following Student Equity Plan indicators:
- Course completion
- English as a second language and basic skills completion
- Career Technical Education certificate completion
- Noncredit-to-credit transition
Links to Student Equity event videos:
- Addressing Anti-Blackness on Campus: Implications for Educators and Institutions:
- Responding to Racial Bias and Microaggressions in Online Environments
- Equity-Minded Student Services in the Online Environment:
- Employing Equity-Minded & Culturally Affirming Teaching Practices in Virtual Learning Communities
List of resources for staff and faculty to help think more equitable:
More to come soon!
Professional Development Events with Student Equity Focus
To apply for funding to attend any of the following events/conferences, please fill out the form: Student Equity Conference/Event Funding Request
NOTE: Events marked with an asterisk are free; no funding request necessary.
|Event Name||Event Date||Event Time||Event Location||Event Information|
|Pathways to Equity Conference||September 29-30, 2020||TBD||TBD||Check back for more information.|
|ACCE drive-in workshop event||Fall 2020||TBD||TBD||Check back for more information|
|Latina Leadership Network Conference||March 2021||TBD||TBD||Check back for more information|
|A2MED||March 2021||TBD||TBD||Check back for more information|
|Vision for Success Summit||April 2021||TBD||TBD||Check back for more information|
|NCORE||May 2021||TBD||TBD||Check back for more information|