Rolling Scholarship Information
North Orange Continuing Education seeks to meet the financial needs of students in two different ways.
- The yearly scholarship program [dates in the green section below] are awarded in May each year.
- The provision of select and limited scholarships throughout the year are called "rolling scholarships" because they do not have a deadline and students can apply for them from August through December each year.
Beginning in July of each year this page will include a list of rolling scholarships available to students who experience a financial need to continue progress in their courses.
In an effort to sustain NOCE scholarships for many years to come and to assist as many students as possible the NOCE Scholarship committee has to limit the amount of awards given each year. The NOCE Scholarship committee is not able to award "rolling scholarships" to students who receive awards during January through May.
The following chart lists the nine rolling scholarships available until the 2017-2018 Scholarship season begins in January 2018. As these awards are given the opportunities decrease.
|Name of Scholarship||Program||Number Available||Application Required||Essay Required||Required|
|Career Tech Supply
May be used for supplies only
|CTE||4 awards of $50||yes||yes||Instructor Signature|
|Planting Seeds Book Award
May be used for textbooks only
|CTE||2 awards of $100||yes||yes||Instructor Signature &
Letter of Recommendation
Student Education Plan
1 for supplies – 2 for textbooks
|ESL||3 awards at $60||yes||yes||Instructor Signature|
- Each scholarship includes a specific scholarship application.
- The application must be downloaded, completed and printed for submission.
- Please find specific details, requirements, and application requirements under the scholarship title listed in Scholarship Opportunities on the sidebar.
- All applications can be submitted to one of the three North Orange Continuing Education Admissions and Registration counters at the Anaheim, Cypress or Wilshire centers.
- If the specific scholarship requires extra documents [education plan and/or letter of recommendation] the student is responsible to attach those documents to their application before they submit it.