Need help and more details in the following areas?
- Navigating through the MyGateway student portal.
- Navigate through the Canvas learning management system.
- Instructions on how to access courses in Canvas.
- Uploading and downloading assignments in Canvas.
For further assistance, call the Career Skills and Resource Lab at 714.808.4717
How to Guides
Get connected today. Contact the Career Skills and Resource Lab at 714.808.4717
Importance of Having an E-mail Address
It is important for students to have a valid e-mail address in order to register and set up accounts in the online learning management system.
Need an e-mail address? This is how to create one:
What is myGateway?
North Orange Continuing Education, Fullerton College, and Cypress College use myGateway as the online student portal, which contains all the tools necessary for registration, student schedules, and grades.
- Valid e-mail address – Please be sure to have your most current e-mail address on file with NOCE. Otherwise, you risk missing important registration updates and information.
Need more technical support for myGateway?
Contact Business and Computer Skills Lab at 714.808.4712
What is Canvas?
Canvas is a cloud-based learning management system that is the primary online system for NOCE classes. Canvas tools are designed and available to be used on web browsers, mobile devices, and tablets. Click the links below to find out more about Canvas and how to set up an account.
- Where to Find Canvas on the Website (Screencast Video)
- How to Login to Canvas (Video)
- How to Access your Information in Canvas (Video)
- Canvas Student Guide
Canvas Technical Support:
If NOCE students need additional technical support, instructors and staff at the NOCE Business and Computer Skills Lab can help. Contact 714.808.4712.
Technical Assistance through the NOCE Career Skills and Resource Lab
NOCE faculty and staff members can aid in the following areas:
- Navigating through the MyGateway student portal
- Navigating through the Canvas learning management system
- Instructions on how to access courses in Canvas
- Uploading and downloading assignments in Canvas
For further assistance, call the lab at 714.808.4717.
The ARISE Hub hosts open lab hours
- Provides a calm and supportive environment
- Open to ALL students
Open Office Hours:
Tuesday and Thursday: 11 a.m.
Wednesday: 3 p.m.
Zoom Meeting I.D. 419-290-0270
Career Skills and Resource Lab
NOCE offers workshops and one-on-one training through the Career Skills and Resource Lab. Although the physical lab is closed until further notice, the lab will provide support remotely including workshops held online via Zoom and student appointments by phone, e-mail, and Zoom.
Students can make an appointment with a resource specialist to work on the following:
- How-To-Zoom Boot Camp Series
- LinkedIn Boot Camp Series
For more information on the Career Skills and Resource Lab please visit the Career Skills and Resource Lab Page
- ESL Learning Center Labs
- NOCE Zoom Backgrounds