- About NOCE
- Contact Us
- News & Events
- Strategic Plans
- Academic Senate
- NOCE Committees and Workgroups
- North Orange County Regional Consortium for Adult Education
- Measure X
- Measure J
Our Academic Senate is a governing body made up of all North Orange Continuing Education faculty. The Academic Senates primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters.
Academic and Professional matters mean the following policy development matters:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
- Degree and certificate requirements.
- Grading policies.
- Educational program development.
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
- College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
- Policies for faculty professional development activities.
- Processes for program review.
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.
Consult collegially means that the district governing board shall develop policies on academic and professional matters through either or both of the following:
- Rely primarily upon the advice and judgment of the academic senate, OR
- The governing board, or its designees, and the academic senate shall reach mutual agreement by written resolution, regulation, or policy of the governing board effectuating such recommendations.