The Student Equity Program is designed to provide support to under-represented student groups at NOCE.
North Orange Continuing Education (NOCE) has created a three-year Student Equity Plan to increase student success.
Data indicates that NOCE underrepresented groups include:
- American Indians or Alaskan Natives
- Asian or Pacific Islanders
- African Americans
- LatinX or Hispanics
- Individuals with disabilities (Title 5, §54220)
Through effective strategies and school-wide activities, NOCE’s Student Equity Plan aims to close the achievement gap and improve student success through indicators such as:
- Ease of access to school, applications, and other services
- Retention of students from Fall to Spring semesters
- Course completion
- Completion of the English as a Second Language (ESL) Program and/or Basic Skills Program
- Completion of a Career Technical Education (CTE) certificate
- Noncredit-to-credit transfer
Student Equity Resources
Student Success Conference 2018 Winter Term
- Resource Links
Student Equity Events:
|Event Name||Event Date||Event Time||Event Information|
|“Six Tips to Student Success” webinar featuring Khouloud Bustami, community member and Chairperson of Access California Services. |
Learn from an inspirational community leader. Her tips on how to navigate common challenges can help you move forward to reach your goals.
|Wednesday, September 16, 2020||6 p.m. – 7 p.m.||Watch the video recording so you don’t miss out on the six tips to success. Six Tips to Success Event Video.|
|Cultural competency-building seminars in collaboration with NOCCCD Faculty and Staff Associations (FSA) for: |
– Asian American Pacific Islander
– Native American
Students are welcome to attend these seminars.
|TBD||TBD||Next event to be announced in the 2021 Spring Semester.|
|Women of Color Student Conference||TBD||TBD||Please check back in March for more information.|