- Student Success and Support Program/Counseling
- Anaheim Pledge
- Commencement Ceremony
- Student Leadership
- Harvesting Opportunities
- DACA Resources
2019 NOCE Commencement Ceremony
When: Friday, June 28, 2019
Time: Check-in/orientation for student graduates is 9 a.m. Ceremony begins at 10 a.m. SHARP and ends at 11:30 a.m.!
Location: Cottonwood Church at 4505 Katella Ave, Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Participants: Students may participate in the 2019 NOCE Commencement Ceremony if they have completed the program requirements in the following academic programs: High School Diploma Program, Administrative Assistant Certificate Program, Early Childhood Education Certificate Program, Electrical Trainee Certificate Program, Funeral Service Assistant Certificate Program, Management Certificate Program, Medical Assistant Certificate Program (completion of both Front Office and Back Office), Pharmacy Technician Certificate Program, and Quality Assurance Management for Medical Devices Certificate Program.
Grad Check: In order to participate in the 2019 Commencement Ceremony, students MUST see a counselor to complete a Grad Check Request Form no later than FRIDAY, JUNE 7, 2019 at 2 p.m.
Guests: All family and friends are invited to attend the ceremony for free. No tickets are required.
Cost: The only cost to participate in the NOCE Commencement Ceremony is for the purchase of a cap, gown, and tassel.
Students may also have an option to purchase commencement photographs.
Student Orientation on Commencement Day: ARRIVE by 9 a.m.! Students will be briefed on the commencement ceremony line up and seating arrangements. Please report to Cottonwood Church by 9 a.m. Staff members will direct you to the student gathering area. The gathering area is for students only; family and friends are invited to be seated.
Cap and Gown Information
High School Diploma Program and Career Technical Education (CTE) Program candidates dress in commencement regalia for the commencement ceremony. Order a cap, gown, and tassel online and have it delivered to your home for $31.35 (includes shipping). Students should place orders for a cap and gown starting March 11, 2019. The portal will be closed after June 10, 2019 (at 8:59 p.m. PDT) to ensure timely shipment of the cap and gown order(s). Click the link below to order a cap and gown:
- High School Diploma Program Graduates: Order the NAVY BLUE Cap and Gown
- Career Technical Education Program Graduates: Order the GREY Cap and Gown
If you are unable to purchase a cap and gown with a credit card or debit card, call 714.808.4915 to make cash payments by Friday, June 7, 2019 at 4 p.m.
Students have the option to purchase commencement photographs through Grad Images. This company will be present during the ceremony to capture photographs of students receiving their diploma and/or certificate(s). To receive complimentary proofs of your photos, complete and submit a Grad Images address card upon check-in at the commencement ceremony. For more information, visit www.gradimages.com or call 800.261.2576.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is a public ceremony and North Orange Continuing Education will be taking photos for promotional purposes which may be used in, but not limited to, the following manner: brochures, class schedules, website, social media, etc. Through your attendance at this event, you may be photographed/filmed. By participating in this event, you understand that your image may be utilized by NOCE for the purposes of bringing its programs to the attention of the public. If you do not want your photo taken, please avoid areas where the photographer is taking pictures, if possible, or simply inform the photographer or a staff member.
- Please refer to the NOCE Commencement Ceremony & Parking Map (coming soon) for parking locations.
- Parking is available at no charge to our guests in the Cottonwood Church parking lot off of Katella Avenue.
- DISABLED PARKING is available in the Cottonwood Church parking lot. Disabled placards MUST be displayed. Please arrive early as these parking spaces are limited on a first-come, first-served basis.
What if I Don’t Complete My Requirements in Time for Commencement?
High School Diploma Program Students
- For High School Diploma Program students, all program requirements MUST be completed by the Friday, June 7, 2019, 2 p.m. deadline in order to participate in the 2019 Commencement Ceremony.
- High School Diploma Program students completing AFTER June 7, 2019 can graduate any time during the next academic year and will be invited to participate in the 2020 Commencement Ceremony.
Career Technical Education Students
- For Career Technical Education (CTE) Program students, all program requirements must be completed or in progress to be completed by the end of the 2019 Spring Term in order to participate in the 2019 Commencement Ceremony. CTE students MUST complete the grad check by Friday, June 7, 2019 at 2 p.m. in order to participate in the ceremony.
- CTE Program students are invited and are eligible to participate in only the commencement ceremony that takes place in the academic year in which the last program requirement was completed. An academic year begins in the summer term and ends in the spring term.
High School Diploma Program Grad Check Process:
Call the Commencement Ceremony Hotline at 714.808.4654 or the NOCE Records Office:
- Anaheim Center students: 714.992.9505
- Cypress Center students: 714.992.9504
- Wilshire Center students: 714.992.9505
Commencement Ceremony Questions
Call the NOCE Commencement Ceremony Hotline at 714.808.4654
PLEASE NOTE: Balloons and noisemakers WILL NOT be allowed inside Cottonwood Church. Thank you for sharing this information with your family and friends.