- Student Success and Support Program/Counseling
- Commencement Ceremony
- Student Leadership
- Harvesting Opportunities
- DACA Resources
2017 NOCE Commencement Ceremony
When: Friday, May 26, 2017
Time: Check-in/orientation for student graduates is 5 p.m. Ceremony begins at 6 p.m. SHARP!
Location: Fullerton Union High School (FUHS) Stadium in Fullerton (on the corner of Lemon Street and Berkeley Avenue). Please refer to the maps below for additional information regarding the ceremony location, parking, etc.
Participants: Students may participate in the 2017 NOCE Commencement Ceremony if they have completed the coursework in the following academic programs: High School Diploma Program, Administrative Assistant Certificate Program, Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate Program, Electrical Trainee Certificate Program, Funeral Service Assistant Certificate Program, Management Certificate Program, Medical Assistant Certificate Program (completion of both Front Office and Back Office), Pharmacy Technician Certificate Program, and Quality Assurance for Medical Devices Certificate Program.
Grad Check: In order to participate in the 2017 Commencement Ceremony, students MUST see a counselor to complete a Grad Check Request Form no later than FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2017 at 2 p.m.
Guests: All family and friends are invited to attend the ceremony for free. No tickets are required.
Cost: The only cost to participate in the NOCE Commencement Ceremony is for the purchase of a cap, gown, and tassel.
Students may also have an option to purchase commencement photographs.
Student Orientation on Commencement Day: ARRIVE by 5 p.m.! Students will be briefed on the commencement ceremony line up and seating arrangements. Please report to the Fullerton Union High School Stadium – Lemon Street entrance – by 5 p.m. Staff members will direct you to the student gathering area. The gathering area is for students only; family and friends are invited to be seated in the stadium.
Cap and Gown Information
High School Diploma Program and Career Technical Education (CTE) Program candidates dress in commencement regalia for the commencement ceremony. Order a cap, gown and tassel online and have it delivered to your home for $28.95 (includes shipping). Students should place orders for a cap and gown between March 11, 2017 - May 8, 2017; the portal will be closed after May 8, 2017 (at midnight) to ensure timely shipment of the cap and gown order(s). Click the link below to order a cap and gown:
- High School Diploma Graduates: Order the Order the GREEN Cap and Gown
- Career Technical Education Graduates: Order the Order the GOLD Cap and Gown
If you are unable to purchase a cap and gown with a credit card or debit card, call 714.808.4915 by 4 p.m. on May 5, 2017.
Students have the option to purchase commencement photographs through Grad Images. This company will be present during the ceremony to capture photographs of students receiving their diploma and/or certificate(s). To receive complimentary proofs of your photos, complete and submit a Grad Images address card upon check-in at the commencement ceremony. For more information, visit www.gradimages.com or call 800.261.2576.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is a public ceremony and NOCCCD North Orange Continuing Education will be taking photos for promotional purposes which may be used in, but not limited to, the following manner: brochures, class schedules, website, social media, etc. Through your attendance at this event, you may be photographed/filmed. By participating in this event, you understand that your image may be utilized by NOCE for the purposes of bringing its programs to the attention of the public. If you do not want your photo taken, please avoid areas where the photographer is taking pictures, if possible, or simply inform the photographer or a staff member.
- Please refer to the NOCE Commencement Ceremony & Parking Map [PDF] for parking locations. If parking on the streets in surrounding residential areas, please observe all posted street signs.
- Parking is available at no charge to our guests on May 26, 2017 only in the Fullerton College parking structure located on Lemon Street directly across from the Fullerton Union High School Stadium (on the east side of Lemon Street).
- DISABLED PARKING is available in the Fullerton Union High School stadium staff lots on Lemon Street on the same side of the stadium (on the west side of Lemon Street). Disabled placards MUST be displayed; this lot will be monitored by uniformed security. Please arrive early as these parking spaces are limited on a first-come, first-served basis.
What if I Don’t Complete My Requirements in Time for Commencement?
High School Diploma Program Students
- For High School Diploma Program students, all program requirements MUST be completed by the Friday, May 5, 2017, 2 p.m. deadline in order to participate in the 2016 Commencement Ceremony.
- High School Diploma Program students completing AFTER May 5, 2017 can graduate any time during the next academic year and will be invited to participate in the 2018 Commencement Ceremony.
Career Technical Education Students
- For Career Technical Education Program students, all coursework should be completed or in progress to be completed by the end of the 2017 Spring Term in order to participate in the 2017 Commencement Ceremony. CTE students MUST complete the grad check by Friday, May 5, 2017 at 2 p.m. in order to participate in the ceremony.
- CTE students are invited and are eligible to participate in only the commencement ceremony that takes place in the academic year in which the last program requirement was completed. An academic year begins in the summer term and ends in the spring term.
High School Grad Check Process:
Call the Commencement Ceremony Hotline at 714.808.4654 or the NOCE Records Office:
- Anaheim Center students: 714.992.9505
- Cypress Center students: 714.992.9504
- Wilshire Center students: 714.992.9505
Commencement Ceremony Questions
Call the NOCE Commencement Ceremony Hotline at 714.808.4654
PLEASE NOTE: Balloons and noisemakers WILL NOT be allowed inside the Fullerton Union High School Stadium. Thank you sharing this information with your family and friends.