Speak with a CalFresh Representative (formerly known as food stamps)


February 7, 2018 4:43 PM

Speak with a representative from CalFresh, California's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly known as Food Stamps). Speak with a rep to learn more and apply for the program to receive assistance with food. Reps will visit each of the three NOCE Centers the weeks of February 5 and 12, 2018.

WILSHIRE CENTER: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., WIL/Room 202
ANAHEIM CAMPUS: Thursday, February 8, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., AC/Room 100B
CYPRESS CENTER: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., CYP/Room 118

Eligibility: To be eligible for CalFresh benefits, you must:

- have a qualifying member in the household with a Social Security Number (SSN), including children.
- report all household members' income and property owned.
- if you receive SSI/SSP benefits in California, then you are not eligible for CalFresh benefits, per State law.

Citizenship and CalFresh Benefits: Talk to a CalFresh Eligibility Worker. parents who do not qualify themselves should apply for their children born in the United States. If you do receive CalFresh benefits, it will not count against you when you apply to become a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.

Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card: The program issues monthly benefits that can be used to buy most foods at many markets and food stores. These benefits are issued on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card, which looks like any other credit card.

Documentation Needed to Apply for the Program:
Photo ID for all adults and the following six items:
(1) Social Security Number for all members of the household who have one
(2) Proof of income (pay stubs, letter from employer, benefits letter, etc.)
(3) Proof of living expenses (rent, utility bills, phone bills, etc.)
(4) Verification of child or dependent care expenses
(5) Verification of any medical expenses (if elderly/disabled member in the household) and
(6) Proof of Residency or Immigration Status (for non-US citizens)

If you cannot make an in-person meeting with the CalFresh reps,

Apply Online at www.mybenefitscalwin.org/

- get overview information on CalWORKs, CalFresh, Medi-Cal
- check for potential eligibility to CalWORKs, CalFresh, and/or Medi-Cal

or By Phone (to request an application)
- apply during business hours Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 1-800-281-9799
- obtain secure and private benefit information for CalWORKs, CalFresh, Medi-Cal, and/or General Relief

DOWNLOAD THE FLIER HERE: CalFresh February Visits to NOCE