A Precautionary Message from North Orange Continuing Education
January 31, 2020 10:50 AM
North Orange Continuing Education (NOCE) is closely monitoring an outbreak of a respiratory illness caused by a novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. At this time, the immediate health risk from the coronavirus to the general public in the United States is considered low.
There is no known immediate threat to the NOCE community or at any of the campuses within NOCCCD. However, we understand that because there is a confirmed case in Orange County, that there may be concerns and NOCE would like to share prevention practices to avoid illnesses.
Coronavirus symptoms may be flu-like, ranging from mild to serious, and include, fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.