NOCE Participates in Spring Emergency Drills
March 12, 2019 2:12 PM
North Orange Continuing Education will participate in campus-based emergency drills to practice lockdown and active shooter response. Each NOCE Center will participate in separate drills on the following dates:
- Wednesday, March 13 at 10:15 a.m., Wilshire Center will participate with Fullerton College
- Tuesday, April 2, Cypress Center will participate with Cypress College
- Wednesday May 8 at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. - Anaheim Campus will participate in a spring emergency drill
The drill will be initiated and ended through announcements and when directed, students and staff on campus will be directed to shelter-in-place/lockdown, view an educational video on active-shooter situations, and then discuss preparation methods in their classrooms and offices. Everyone on campus is expected to participate.
Prior to each of the drills, the Office of Campus Communications will test the emergency communications system. Faculty, staff and students will receive a text message, voice message, and e-mail. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to update their contact information in MyGateway to assure delivery.
To prepare for the Spring Emergency Drill, please view the following video and PDF:
Any questions regarding the drill can be directed to the office of Campus Safety at each Center:
- Wilshire Center (Fullerton College Campus Safety): (714) 992-7081
- Cypress Center (Cypress College Campus Safety): (714) 484-7387
- Anaheim Campus - Campus Safety: (714) 808-4911