MyGateway Upgrade to Launch August 11
July 12, 2017 4:37 AM
MyGateway, a portal that allows students, faculty, and staff to register for classes as well as access and share information, resources and services, is undergoing updates. Users can expect several upgrades upon launch of the new portal on August 11, 2017.
The MyGateway improvement project started in May 2016. MyGateway is built on top of a product from Ellucian called “Luminis 4.3,” which was implemented in 2007. The new system is being updated to “Luminis 5.3.”
Prior to the launch, MyGateway users should download and save any documents they have stored on the current version. Documents will not be automatically migrated to the new version. If after the launch, documents are needed, retrieval support will be available from the NOCCCD Service Desk.
The new MyGateway will provide many improvements, such as:
- Updated Technology Stack – the portal is built on updated technologies. The software packages that support the portal have been upgraded. This will improve the reliability and stability of the entire system.
- Improved Integrations – it is built on the latest internet standards allowing improved integration with Banner, Cloud Services and other enterprise services.
- Mobile Responsive – the portal is designed to render on mobile devices, tablets and computers. It takes into account the size of your screen and displays items based on your screen size.
- Modern Look and Feel – it is designed to be consistent and modern. The user interface will eliminate some of the more cumbersome tasks that users stumble upon because of the current design.
- Browser Support – the portal uses the latest technologies that are supported across all browsers. This will help eliminate current browser issues.
- Central Authentication – the portal uses NOCCCD’s Central Authentication Service for authentication. This allows seamless transitions from the portal to other services (Canvas, Degreeworks, WebStar, Blackboard, etc.) without another login screen.
- Ellucian Support – July 2016, Ellucian ended support for Luminis 4.3. The deployment of Luminis 5.3 will put us back under Ellucian’s support for the portal. This means that the new portal is ready for upgrades to Banner (Banner 8 to Banner 9) and fully supported by the vendor.
Want a sneak peek? Log in with your Banner ID and password at https://mg5.nocccd.edu and familiarize yourself with the new look and feel of the portal. To provide feedback before the official launch, add a “New Suggestion” in the “MyGateway Suggestions” box. Your opinion is important to us!
For more information, contact the NOCCCD Service Desk at 714.808.4849 or email@example.com.